Indian Head Massage
It's always a treat to have a massage of your head, neck, shoulders and upper back but an Indian Head Massage has benefits that go way above that, as it can also help with a variety of physical and emotional problems.
Indian Head Massage has evolved from traditional techniques practiced in India as part of daily family grooming rituals for over a thousand years. It has its origins in the ancient system of medicine known as Ayurveda.
Indian Head Massage is a great stress buster, as well as targeting specific problem areas.
Benefits of Indian Head Massage:
- Releases the tension in the upper back, neck and head.
- Relieves migraines, headaches and back pain.
- Encourages the release of toxins in the muscles and the flow of cerebral fluid.
- Promotes hair growth.
- Stimulates and improves lymphatic drainage.
- Stress is reduced which helps with symptoms like insomnia and restlessness.
- Reduces anxiety and lifts your mood, by increasing oxygen to the brain, which also helps you to think clearly and creatively.
- Helps with short-term memory difficulties. As our brains are overloaded, it makes it difficult to remember everything and retain information. The Indian Head Massage allows you to slow down and in turn, thoughts quieten, and you are able to concentrate.
The massage is performed in a seated position and for it to be most effective, it is best for tops to be removed so that the shoulders and upper back are exposed. Oil is optional (especially if you need to return to work afterwards)
Please allow an extra 15 minutes to your appointment time to complete the health questionnaire.
I can't wait for my next one!
“Each time I have this treatment from Liza, I can feel the tension in my body totally float away and my ‘to do list’ in my head is banished for another day. Liza makes the massage a wonderful escape from our busy lifestyles to allow some much needed ‘Me Time”. I can’t wait for my next one!”
Liza exudes calmness
“I have had 2 Indian head massages recently with Liza as I had a lot of tightness in my shoulder. Liza's healing hands worked like magic and my shoulder is much better. A bonus was that the massage unblocked my ear that was creating hearing difficulties. Liza exudes calmness and radiance and just being in her company makes you feel better. Very highly recommended.”